I know, with all the autumn-themed posts! But it’s one of my favourite times of the year, and it’s so very photogenic (when it’s not pouring with rain – a pluviophile I am definitely not!)
It was Maddy who first suggested the idea of a seasonal bucket list – and I loved the idea so much, I promptly started sketching out ideas for my own.
Here’s what I came up with for autumn…
- Buy a new throw in my favourite colours
- Snuggle up with a book and an obliging cat or two
- Go for a walk in the fallen leaves
- Make proper hot chocolate (as in, not out of a packet)
- Make a casserole – both to eat, and for my freezer
- Remember my daylight lamp exists and use it when I need to
- Stitch or craft with friends
- A whole day in my PJs
- Spend some quality time with my colouring books
- Catalogue my books (so I can add to them without duplicating)
When I first wrote this, I had catalogued all my books onto LibraryThing (with a proper barcode scanner and everything – squee) and chosen the new throw I want to add to my collection. I’ve also scheduled a book fair visit and a walk in the woods.
And as I come back to this post to hit publish and send it out into the world, I am snuggled up like this:
Yes, I even have cats on my pyjama bottoms. And I have a book ready to pick up when I’ve finished blogging!
Luna the Glorious is being most obliging with the autumnal snuggles. This is a nice change from earlier in the evening when every attempt to pick her up and give her love was met with a look of utter horror and a dramatic leap out of my arms! I suspect she is just enjoying furring up my clean sheets…
What’s on your autumn bucket list?